Easter is just around the corner, but there is still time to whip out a few quick and crafty cards to add to your Easter baskets. This card from the April issue of CARDS only uses a few supplies and it looks like you spent lots of time creating it. Using a die cut is a simple way to get a custom egg shape. I spiced mine up with a few white brads to create a polka dot egg.
Eggs by Alisha Gordon
Patterned paper: Making Memories; Brads: Bazzill Basics; Sticker lettering: American Crafts; Egg die cut: Cosmo Cricket; Paper frill: Sassafras
1. Trim green circle patterned paper to create a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4" card base.
2. Piece together strips of pink circle and green striped paper and adhere it to the card base, leaving a 1/4" border of the green circle patterned paper showing.
3. Cover the seam with a scalloped paper frill.
4. Attach brads to a pink die cut egg and adhere it to the card front on the left side.
5. Spell out a sentiment with brown sticker letters.
For more Easter cards and other spring ideas pick up your own copy of the April 2009 issue today!